Thursday, March 28, 2013

spring is in the oxygen (:

So I went on a walk with my puppy through the woods today and picked up a little piece of moss (and named him Ross). I took him home and gave him a nice home...

DIY jar terrarium  
what you need:
Small pebbles
potting soil 
jar
plant(s)

 -First, find a nice jar and make it nice and cleanly-
-Then put about an inch of the small pebbles into the bottom of the jar-
-Fill the jar about halfway if you have rooted plants-
-then arrange the plants on top of the soil-
-Fill in the rest of the soil around the roots of the plant-
-make sure you water it:)-

*If you have moss, like I do, you don't need to do step 3, you can just fill it all the way. Also, I put a cute little kitten figurine that I got at an antique shoppe in mine, just to give it a little character.

*Water it whenever the soil is dry, however not every day because you don't want to drown the plant. If  you look at the bottom, and there is water among the rocks, you shouldn't have to water it.


have fun with your new pet plant. Be sure to name it so you get emotionally attached :)
<3get new perspective<3


No comments:

Post a Comment